Renew the comfort and refresh the decorating panache of your outdoor living space with new furniture. Great prices are possible in today’s economy if you find and shop at a patio furniture clearance sale or outlet. Such sales are the best way of purchasing quality pieces that will not blow the family budget. Treat yourself and incorporate these suggestions to plan an outstanding exterior retreat.
1. Consider how your patio will function as a living space and be utilized by your family. Construct it or enhance its appearance with materials from nature such as wood and stone. Design it to be a natural extension of the rest of your home’s architecture. Your outdoor living space should be accessible from one or two of your main living spaces so there is a natural flow from interior to exterior living. Patios should be at least as large as the room(s) from which they flow. At least 400 square feet of patio space is needed to comfortably accommodate a family of four and their activities.
2. Your family’s lifestyle and decor preferences should be reflected in any piece acquired through a patio furniture clearance event. Do you prefer the traditional, modern, Mediterranean or cottage style? Furniture materials should be weather resistant and stand up against damaging effects of the sun. Cedar is rot and insect resistant. Wrought iron is strong enough to bear the weight of snowfalls.
3. Furniture makers suggest and sometimes limit the choices of appropriate colors and materials offered for each piece’s cushions or chair pads, furniture covers and table umbrellas. While selecting the color or design you want for your patio’s look, be sure to check on the strength and quality of all upholstery. There are many beautiful outdoor cushions that you can choose from. Materials that are tear resistant, waterproof and long-lived will hold up better under strenuous use by active families and through all kinds of weather. Higher altitudes require UV resistant materials because of typical problems found in higher ranges, such as brittle and faded covers.
4. Before shopping for your outdoor living space items, plan a budget for what you realistically can afford and divide that amount among the types of pieces you need. Start shopping for the most needed items, such as tables, chairs and a chaise lounge, and purchase them first. The remaining budget amount can be used for shade umbrellas, pots or urns for plants and other fishing pieces. Even when the price is right for purchasing patio furniture clearance items, if the quality of a piece will not last over time then skip it. The reverse is also true. Do not go over budget to get a beautiful or catchy piece. Consider quality, longevity and reasonable price as the three keys to purchasing the pieces you will enjoy the most.
5. With some attentive research through the Internet, sales flyers in local newspapers, advertised sales at big box and home improvement stores, and garden or patio furniture clearance outlets you will find ample shopping opportunities and furniture choices. Searching ads and the Internet for coupons to use is another way to stretch your budget with big “percent off” savings.